Status...

Friday, May 2, 2008

Wonderful World of Me

Right, so one thing led to another last night, and I got no sleep.

After I fixed my router... kind of, I decided I'd fix IE by trying to remove the program again. Turns out I had done it backwards. So I removed it... still no luck. Decided against rebooting the computer, and went on to fixing my printer.

This printer is wireless. It was connected to the network. But it could not be found. And so it took me two hours to uninstall and then reinstall it, only to find it still couldn't hold a connection. Great. Just what I need. So I went to 192.168.1.101 which is where the printer lives, and tried to connect it there. We waited for it to try and connect for all of five minutes. And then I closed the page, and tried to turn off the printer. Two minutes later when it hasn't shut down, I unplugged it. Plugged it back in and connected it to the router once more--low and behold IT WORKS.

Now, what I didn't mention was that after it was uninstalled, you had to reboot for it to take effect properly. So I did. Now, afterwards I was like "Hm... Just rebooted... might as well try installing IE7 again!"

Now remember, via Add/Remove Programs I have taken this off of my laptop. It has been rebooted, and I no long have any way of getting on IE.

So I double click the installer for IE7.
...
Still can't install it. Somehow, someway, it is still detecting a newer version.

And this is bad, because now I have no means of going to Rob to get help with my website issue, because there is no longer an IE to test it on, since the forum help failed.

Shit.

So my last resort is to find my OS Software at home in NY this weekend, and hope that I can reinstall IE directly from that. Cross your fingers and wish me luck!

And now, me and my screwed up left eye (Yeah, it's bugging me and I had to take out the contact xP) are off to sleep. I haven't had any yet, and I'm angry, in pain, and tired. I deserve some sleep. Oi.

Why can't computers be easy, so that when you start something, it can be stopped without messing things up? Would have made my life easier.

No comments: