Status...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

WAVE THE CHECKERED FLAG! 8D

SOMEONE WAVE THE CHECKERED FLAG, IT'S OVER! THE FINAL PORTFOLIOS HAVE ALL BEEN HANDED IN! WE'RE ON TO THE REVIEWS! HOORAY!

Man... it feels so good to be done too. I had everything printed, organized, and in my box with the paperwork at exactly 2:17pm yesterday. Which gave me about a three hour waiting period until we were able to get in line and hand them in. I am really excited about my portfolio now, as well as nervous. John Nordell and I organized it though, which I'm happy about. I was going to seek him out to help me with it, but he ended up coming upstairs to the lounge before I could do that. How lucky, yeah? ^^

Anyways, so he and I organized it to start and end strong. I specifically wanted him to help, too, because he was the one who looked over my stuff when I went for my interview, and I knew then and there that we had a similar eye when it came to looking at images and laying them out. Just by the things he noticed, and the comments he made. And classes with him only further cemented that fact in my brain. So he and I got a strong layout going, and I'm wicked happy.

Now all I have to stress about is the review, and hope I'm not going to end up in re-review. D: The only thing that might get me are my personal submissions... one is a little bright. And the in-home family and pet+owner for harsher lighting. Oh, and the architecture just because I suck at that. xP Cross your fingers and hope the rest of my portfolio pulls up the grade enough! I really want to pass! All I need to do is get a cumulative grade of 75% to do that. So I'm really hoping that my other portraits really pull that grade up. Really really hoping.

Having that portfolio done though... it's a big relief. And I'm sure everyone feels that way. I came home and made love to my bed afterwards. Best sleep I've had in a month. I was passed out from 7pm to 4:30am.

Oh! Almost forgot though! To hand in the portfolios we all had to wait in line. Well, that line started forming around 2:30pm, and I finally got into it around 3:15pm after having some free pizza that was upstairs. I'm glad I got into it when I did, because when I was leaving it was wrapped all the way down the hallways. It was HUGE. Good god... And I was kind enough to let Debbie into the line ahead of me since she had her daughter's graduation to go to at 6:30pm, and she needed to leave at 6pm from home at the latest to make it, since it was in Springfield, MA. No one else would let her do that. But oh well, we were out of there by 5:15pm, so I really hope she made it on time. I really, really hope she did.

Afterwards I went to Rachael's house (FKA Beth, she has now given permission to be named), where we were going to play karaoke... but ended up just chatting for a little over an hour because we were both exhausted. And that's when I came home and slept up until now.

So I'm off to get ready for the first day of portfolio review, which all sections are required to attend, and to burn a second DVD of my images so that I can build you all a wonderful gallery to look at my final portfolio. It will be in order as John and I placed it. Just have to get the damn simpleviewer script to work. I've done it before, just not via Dreamweaver. So... methinks I'm going to edit the script with notepad again. x'D Dreamweaver screwed me over with it last time. *shakefist*

But yes, I'm off! No boring HTML and XML bitching for you!

No comments: