Status...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Officially a Small Business Owner

It's official, I now own my very own small business, Photographic Phantasy. I got the DBA license and opening the business account over the past two days, and now I can legally do business within the United States of America. Not sure about internationally, but I don't know that I need to worry about that right now. xD All I do know, is that it feels pretty awesome to say that at the age of 19, I started my own business. Even if all I do is freelance for a while, it's a big accomplishment for me. Ever since seventh grade when we did the Pushcart Fair at my middle school, and learned about entrepreneurship hands on, I knew that I wanted to start my own business. And now, here I am, six years later and starting to fulfill that goal. What's most satisfying though, is that today (technically) is my brother's pushcart fair, and I get to attend it. And it will be necessary too, since the school is thinking to do away with it. Health people don't like it because for one day out of a whole year they can't regulate how much junk food is being sold at the school. They need to suck it up, this is a wonderful learning experience and the kids can later spend their profits (if they made any) on their trip to Boston in June. I skipped that trip, but let me tell ya, nothing feels better than to spend money you earned yourself. And these kids deserve that. So I can't wait to attend, and to tell those very teachers who guided me through the pushcart fair where I am now. It's going to be awesome. ^^

No comments: