Status...

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Waiting for the Weekend

I. Cannot. Wait. For. The. Weekend.

Good god I cannot wait. Because come the weekend I can guarantee that I will have so much more done on my final portfolio, and I will feel much less stressed--I hope. v_v Hell, I just plain can't wait until I'm done with the whole portfolio. That way all I have to stress about is the review, and if I'm getting sent to re-review or not. >.<;; God I hope not.

Monday night I shot Oh Odette for my high key as a Geisha. I'm really happy with the results, I'm just in a toss up between two images. So I'm going to take them to Rich soon, I hope. Depends on if I have time. I'm supposed to have a male for low key today, but we'll see. Haven't heard from him in a bit, and if he flakes I will be PISSED.

The big thing I still need to do is to get into the commercial studio. It's just that setting up in there takes so much out of me. Ugh... I hate it. xP And what I really hate, is that we need an environmental still life for our portfolio. That, right there, is BY FAR the BIGGEST pain in my ass EVER. I have a few ideas... I just don't feel like setting them up. Call me lazy, but my body it tired. It has been tired. And now I'm sick to top it off. Blarg.

On the plus side, this weekend I have the rare chance to shoot historical reenactors. That's right, you heard me, reenactors. In full costume. This is an event going on in Saratoga, New York, at the old battlefield. And I'm dragging two friends along with me. One who attends Bard college, and then one from home who is my photo assistant whenever I need one. He just likes to get out of the house. But it will be fun, and then there is a high probability that the work will be called upon for display. So I am very excited. Great chance to make connections and to get my name out. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Three if you count the fact that I'm then dragging my friend from Bard to Yaddo to make her pose for me. xD

And then Sunday is Mother's Day. And so I will be with family most of the day, until I go to do a family photo. I have to say, this whole photography thing is really great for getting me away from uncomfortable situations, and with my grandfather as he is I try to be at that house as little as possible.

I will be staying back Monday as well, so that I can get some shooting done that day too. 'Fraid that guest speakers are not as important as this final. Those speakers aren't going to help me make it through this step, the images are. And after being sick and having so many issues, this is necessary. So, gonna still be in NY on Monday.

On the plus side though, the commercial studio stuff that is really simple should fly by, like the drop 'n pops, and for my advertisement; so that will get a lot of shots done really fast that I can totally knock off my to-do list. Huzzah! I like it when that happens.

I'll tell you what though, the stress is incredible. And part of it is because it's like you're living two lives. One for Hallmark, and one in the real world. Balancing between them is not easy. No wonder so few younger people get in. Ugh.

Anyways, I'm just starting to ramble, so this shall be the end of some current musings. I am heading back to dreamland, where stress is no more.

No comments: