Status...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Home Stretch

This is it, the last few days before the final portfolio is due. O_O;; So I have to finish up a few more images, do a lot of retouching, and I'm golden. At least until portfolio review... where I find out if I get to pass or go back to re-review. v_v;;

But I'm almost done. All I need are:
In Home Family Portrait
Action Shot, either showing or stopping the motion.
Pet with Owner
Architecture
Environmental Still Life
Reflective Metal

The first four I am knocking off this weekend, pretty much all of them on Saturday, and then Monday I will get the other two commercial studio images done. I was going to do them this week, but it just was not a good week. At all. x_x; So Monday it is. Once I'm set up I tend to be able to work fast. Which is good for me.

This weekend while I'm shooting, I'm also going to be retouching every image that I can. So that I don't have to do as much at school, except print. And printing is pretty easy.

I'm kind of uneasy about having waited so long to do those last two shots, but it was a bad decision on my part so now I have to live with it. But I'm determined to graduate, so I will get them done. Even if it has to be at 3am, they will be done!

So I can totally see a lack of sleep in my near future for retouching. Oh well. Not that big a deal. So long as Photoshop doesn't lag too bad, or crash again (the files from the Leaf Aptus back on my overly-full laptop just don't get along with Photoshop because they're so big @_@) then I should be fine. So we shall see.

And tomorrow is Catra, along with Sunday. I AM SO EXCITED. Catra is the local Motocross event held in my hometown in the middle of nowhere, NY. You can get within 25ft of the bikers as they maneuver the trails. IT IS SUCH A RUSH! OwO. Of course, I can't go just for photography. Didn't last year, don't plan on it this year. While I'm there I double as a photographer and a volunteer member of the ambulance core. Due to my lack of training as an EMT, and lack of a CDL on my license, I just take down information. It's not much, but it frees up the other members to be treating the injured. And I don't mind, if it weren't for the fact that I'd be far too interested and curious about injuries and the like, I was going to join the core as an EMT last summer. But I would have frightened the patients. ^^; I'm better off in a morgue probably...

Anyways, onto a better topic once more...

So I will be at Catra for part of Sunday, and possibly Saturday. Not sure yet. But I know I'll get some action shots. When I went through what I shot last year, I actually had some slight panning shots. O_O I was SHOCKED, to say the least. So if I could do it last year without knowing I was doing it, then I am pretty sure I can pull it off this year intentionally. And I'll have plenty of chances to try!

WHOO YEAH! \OwO/

No comments: