Status...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Aftermath

So, I was definitely sore yesterday. My shoulders, elbows, and right leg (the one I drive with) were all definitely screaming. Especially that leg. However, it was hurting before I crashed, so I'm thinking I just compounded something. Either way, after sitting for two hours watching the production of Beauty and the Beast, I was having a little difficulty walking because it just was stiff and didn't want to support me. >.< Probably a good thing I couldn't do any photography. Well, until the end.

I'll tell you what though, Village Photo ripped my idea for shooting the dress rehearsal and then selling back to the parents the nights of the production. And from what my sister told me, they were real assholes about it. That, and listening, some people weren't too happy with how the photos came out. I know what brief glance I was able to get at them, they seemed underexposed and poorly captured. But then again, this is the same place that did my senior portraits (because Mom didn't know any better even though I warned her that they were going to be crap) and bombed them. I swear that all they do is hand anyone who applies a DSLR and teach them how to pose people. They don't even do a good job retouching. Sadly though, I wasn't able to make it over to their little table since I had other matters to attend to, and unlike me, they were long gone by the end of the production, and missing out on those possible sales. Oh well. And the fools didn't even put their business name with the photos. But, I digress, had I been able to be back here three days ago, that would have been me.

But anyways, they did a beautiful job with the play, and now that I watched it as an adult of sorts, I can appreciate all the innuendos and puns and jokes that it had to offer. There really are some severely raunchy moments! Hahaha, oh well, it was worth it. And not only did I get to see the production and be proud of my sister, but I was able to see a lot of my friends as well, who I have been missing sorely while I've been in MA. Man, seeing them again really makes me not want to return. I miss them all a lot.

However, I may have a week to spend with them if I can't find a way to get back. Dad thinks I should use a rental car, but I really don't know if I'm comfortable with that. I'm still a bit shakey to get back on the highway though, guess it's to be expected. Still, I won't let it stop me because the accident was bound to happen. With this many cars on the road, everyone will probably have at least one major accident in their life, and that was mine. And out of how many times I've driven from MA to NY and vise-versa, I'm surprised it hadn't happened sooner. But yeah, I'm working on finding transportation back, and then I need to earn enough money to purchase a new used-car, because the Oldsmobile just isn't long for this world. I was kind of hoping to make it through summer with it though. Also means I might have to wait a couple years on opening my own studio, since I have some new priorities. Oy... and I was looking forward to that too. Oh well, I'll still freelance.

And at least I know one place I won't go: Village Photo. >.<

1 comment:

Mad said...

<3333 I'm sorry you were sore. T_T Stupid ice. T_T *hugs* I'm glad you're not too hurt though. <3333

I'm glad you had a good time at the play. It sounds pretty fun. Besides Village Photo. Which reminds me of Village Pizza, actually... Sorry. But, I don't think I like them very much. =[ You should kick them. Very hard. In the testicles. *nods*

Aw, man. I can understand why you wouldn't but WANT TO RETURN. QQ <3333 Plz? <3333333 Not returning is bad. *hugs* But... understandable....

And, I'm sorry. <333 You will still be able to open your studio. *nods* You are a good enough photographer that it will happen. You can get a little car. A matchbox one? *tries to cheer up* And, you can sit on it, and it will bring you places.... Either that or you could just master the art of teleportation. x'D <3 *hugs*

Feel better, mmkay~? <333333