Status...

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

New Workload and Porfolio Judges

So on Monday we got our final workload, we found out when our portfolios are going to be judged to determine if we pass or fail (well, first we'd go to re-review which would mean we wouldn't find out until the day before graduation if we made it), and who will be judging them.

So let's start this off with a bang! This year, for the Hallmark class of 2008, the amazing people responsible for our futures are...

[insert drum roll here]

Beth Reynolds
Barbara Bordnick
David Turner

I think I about DIED with joy. The one I don't care much for is not on the panel, and I highly admire both Beth and Barbara. Sadly, I missed David's due to illness, but I am sure he is amazing as well.

My portfolio is going up to be judged on June 2nd and 3rd. Ohmigosh!!! OwO This is EXTREMELY exciting! Not only does this signal the beginning of my career as a professional, it has also helped me prove to myself that I can be self-supportive (in a way) and that I can be the mature adult I was afraid would never surface. Hallmark has been wonderful for me on more life levels than I can count and name. Wow.

What's also cool, is that we can have someone there when they go one-on-one with us to discuss our portfolios; to take notes and hold our hand. I was debating between my parents and Miss. Mierzwa, but after talking to my mom we both decided I should ask Miss. M first since she got me into this. I would really like her to be there to see just how far I've come with it all. ^^

Now, onto the icky part... the assignments. Though, I have to say, I had a major brainstorming session during the commercial lecture I was only half-listening to, since I'm entering portraits and weddings (aka I listened to the stuff that pertained to the mandatories, and to Dick's words of wisdom and really funny stories, and jotted notes on ideas for the rest) and won't be doing as much commercial stuff. So I am feeling pretty good with this. Even have an idea for a conceptual still life!! Whoo whoo!!! \OwO/

Anywho, here is that list of assignments.

Mandatories
  • PR + Alternative
  • In-home Family Portrait
  • Occupational Environmental Portrait (25+ years old)
  • High Key Female (18+ years old)
  • Low Key Male B+W (18+ years old)
  • Couple Portrait
  • Child Portrait (8- years old)
  • Outdoor Portrait
  • Pop 'n Drops
  • Conceptual Still Life
  • Reflective Metal
  • Glassware
  • Advertisement Illustration
  • Interior Architecture
  • Digital Alteration
  • Environmental Still Life
  • Self-Promotional DVD Booklet
  • Digital Portfolio on DVD
  • Personal Website
  • PDF Portfolio to School Dropbox
  • Six Additional Personal Submissions

Then there are electives, which are different depending on what kind of portfolio you chose to specialize in. I'm going for Portraiture and Weddings, so I am doing six of those electives and avoiding the five with one Imaging Arts, because I know that's not my strong point. I have a friend who I'd much rather pay to help me, or do it in exchange for her senior photos, then make my own self promotional stuff; because I am really not good at that stuff at all. So I'm going to list all the electives I had to chose from, and the non-italicized ones are the ones I chose, though I may do extra if the urge strikes me.

Electives
  • Athlete in the Environment
  • Portrait of 2+ Children (12- years old)
  • Executive Portrait in the Office
  • Formal Bride and Groom
  • Family Portrait in the Environment
  • Pet Portraiture
  • Portrait of Pet and Owner
  • Portrait of a Teenager (12-18 years old)
  • Non-Family Related Group (5+ people)
  • Portrait of a Man or Woman with Natural Light (30+ years old)
  • Model Portfolio (4 Unique Images)
  • Person in Action (Frozen or Shown)

And there you have it. Welcome to Phase IV!

1 comment:

Mad said...

Congratulations. I'm glad you're really excited about this all. ♥ *hugs* And, dang, that's a lot of assignments. @@;

I wish you luck and as always, if you need any help, I'm always here~♥