Status...

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cold of the Century

I have the cold of the century, and it is kicking my ass. Severely. I've had to leave school early for the past two days because of it, and I've been wicked lethargic and sleeping all the time it seems. I went from mental illness to physical... if it's not one thing, it's another. Fever, sore throat (that's gone now thank god), stuffy nose, watery eyes, pain in my ears... what haven't I got? >.< It's to the point that I'm not taking measured doses of Children's Benadryl Allergy, I'm drinking it straight from the bottle. Probably not the safest of things, but since four teaspoons is only 50mg, I don't see myself overdosing all that easily, especially since it doesn't exactly taste like a chocolate milk shake.

I really want the lethargic feelings to stop though, because they're messing things up even worse. Like, driving home today was bad. I know I drove home, I must have because here I am, but I don't remember it. I do remember feeling like I shouldn't have been driving though, because I was so out of it with the cold. And the medicine can't even be blamed because I hadn't taken any since 4am. It was well out of my system. You better believe I took some when I got home though, and crashed until 5:30pm. So if it happens again tomorrow, and I start feeling out-of-sorts, I'm not waiting until I'll be a danger on the road. That was a really bad decision on my part. >.O

And when I say I've been sleeping too much, I really mean it. I slept in four hour bursts Sunday, woke up nauseated most of the time from a post-nasal-drip thing, and then drove in at 4am Monday. I had been up since 2:0am though. I went to school for the morning yesterday, but at 12:30 I went home, and there was just no going back. That's when I started with the meds. I slept until 7:30, was up until 8:30, and went back to sleep. Needless to say I was back up at 2am. And when I got home around noon today, I slept until 5:30pm when I forced myself to get up and stay awake. I'm gonna crash again soon though, since I need to. @_@ Waaaaay too much sleep.

So yeah... don't catch this highly contagious cold. It sucks. And I think the whole of Hallmark is gonna get it eventually. >.<

All I can say is that it does have one good benefit. If someone I don't particularly care for gets too close, all I have to do is sneeze and they will run for their health, because this is like the ULTIMATE germ. x'D

No comments: