Status...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

ljg;abgiurbhg LOANS!?

Two words: BANKS SUCK.

Seriously.

I have been doing nothing but running around trying to get my car loan so that I can purchase the car a guy got for me at auction. And between the bank and the insurance company (more so the bank) it has been HELL.

I know I promised an update on school, but quite frankly, my mind is shot. So my basic update is this:

Guy went out to auction for us.
Guy found lots of pretty cars.
I specified I wanted no car that was White, Silver/Grey, or Light Blue.
Guy finds a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire.
It's hunter green.
Definite yes.
Guy bids and wins it for $6,800.
Car is clean, just needs new tires.
Retail value is $7,500.
Guy decides he hears something, adds new wheel bearings just in case.
Guy doesn't want to rip us off, gives us the wheel bearings and tires at his price.
Total comes to about $6,900.
Most of the work was done in getting the bank to agree.
Bank argues because we asked for more than market value.
We weren't sure at the time how much work would be needed.
Bank gives us a hard time about insurance.
Insurance company does as needed.
Bank gives us a hard time about bill of sale.
Guy gives us bill of sale easily.
Insurance is wary about the registration thing, hesitates on sending binder.
Cleared things up with them.
Eventually get loan completed.
Go back to get car, the guy who sold it is lagging on the paperwork.

AUUUUUGH.

So I have the Durango once more.

Oh, and apparently you can't sign the loan papers yourself and have your cosigner sign them later at a time more convenient to them. Oh no. So I had to hang back an extra day to finalize that.

I will be picking the car up this weekend. Thank god it's good on gas though, because the oil companies are raping us up the ass with their gas nozzels. Ethanol in the mixture will lower the prices my butt. What a load of bullshit that was. Man, can't wait until one of these oil CEOs gets shot, because let me tell ya, the American people are being pushed to their limits. Someone is gonna snap soon and go postal.

But that's a different rant. I am going to bed now.

No comments: