Status...

Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Hate My Body

It's official, I hate my body. If one thing fails, everything fails, I swear.

I had a bug of some sort that started on Saturday and lasted until Tuesday that made me feel like I had the flu to start. I was too nauseated to be bothered to even wake up for any amount of time longer than it took to go to the bathroom. I think it started out as sun poisoning on Saturday though, since I was outside all day then. Either way, I was sick and death would have been welcomed.

That did pass though, and I made it back to classes yesterday, only to have my right eye get all messed up. x_x You need a little back story first though to fully understand this one.

September of 2006, I almost went completely blind in my right eye due to an ulceration of the cornea. I had a 30% chance of getting out of it with my sight in tact, and somehow I beat the odds. Probably because I caught it so quickly. I had to see every single eye doctor in the center we went to, just in case of an emergency, and I got the same damn lecture from all of them about how I shouldn't have slept with my contacts in. If they had told me I could get an infection so bad that I could go blind, I might not have slept with them in. But all they had told me was that I'd get a painful infection that wouldn't be any fun to have cured. But I heard that it could be cured and my mindset was "Well... pains nothing foreign to me, why not." And it was really nice to wake up being able to see. Lemme tell ya, that infection hurt like a bitch. It was light sensitive to the point that the light from the moon gave me issues. Getting to the eye doctor was the most unpleasant thing ever. Thankfully, to cure this they give you nice eye drops. One's an antibiotic, and the other is a steroid. First they cure the infection, then they urge the eye back to life. And during this all you get a third set of drops that are liquid cocaine (no I'm not kidding) to numb the pain. I was kept out of school for a few days from this, and when I was finally able to go back I had to wear sunglasses at all times for a while, and get papers saying I could self-administer medication to myself. And now I can legally say I had drugs in school, technically. Haha But it was bad, and I still couldn't put a contact in that eye. And being that my glasses cause so much distortion it makes me sick... well... I was working one-eyed for a while. Including driving. But the eye is better and I'm all set.

Or so I thought. Turns out the effects never wear off entirely, and my eyes have been having issues lately. The right one especially. It's just been wicked light sensitive to the point that sunglasses aren't doing much, and it makes it hard to operate during the peak hours of the day. I asked about this, and turns out it's something I just have to learn to live with. Yuck. So I'm not liking this, and I've been hiding away from the light as much as possible until it passes. It better be gone by Sunday though, because I have an open house to attend. But damn... I really don't need this right now. x_x

I'm telling ya, if it's not one thing, it's another. This better be the last of it. *shakefist*

No comments: