Status...

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whoo Baby, it's a Slowing Down... Kinda

So after Saturday things have sort of slowed down. Sunday I went to the school and helped both Heidi and Lindsay out with their historical recreations, and Lindsay and I did some shopping which allowed me to meet her friend Marissa. So that was pretty cool. Lindsay also came over to my apartment until about 1am and we chilled, chatted, and got my self portrait done. Coolbeans. First person I've ever had over to the apartment from Hallmark for any serious length of time. It was nice. Lindsay says she wants to take me shopping. Sounds like fun to me!

On Monday it was a holiday, so I went to Noho (Northampton) to get my two models from Smith. Rachel and Sierra came out to Hallmark with me, and I shot a good chunk of high-key portraits. I don't know that any of them are what I'm looking for to add into my portfolio, but they're still great photos and made for good practice. Not only that, but their friends will see them, ask about them, and I could gain more models from it. Gotta digg connections! I still have a good chunk of editing to do from that though, so it'll be a while until I post any of those.

Tuesday was just a lot of lectures. We learned a new trick in Photoshop, and we learned a bit more on how to market to whatever out target market was going to be. Nothing exciting there except David Langley's commercials. One had reused the Last Supper, and it's slowly panning in... and then you see Jesus put an alkasetzer in his goblet. It was hysterical. The other one was of a couple that was pretty much ripping clothes off because they were hot for each other, and when they got to the zipper it wouldn't open. And the ad was for some zipper company whose slogan on that ad was "Will open when you want it to." It was great.

Wednesday and today I've missed, because it's that oh-so-special time of the month, and it's hitting really hard. To the point that leaving bed only happens if it's absolutely necessary. So I will be speaking with my doctor about this after Hallmark, because I can't be having this again. Not one bit!

Wednesday was just guest lectures though, so I didn't miss anything too terribly important there, and today I only had two classes as well, so making them up and getting the notes shouldn't be too bad.

In the mean time I'll probably just work on editing and my Career Business Plan. So I'll at least be productive.

Also, I'm curious, do you think that I would do well selling prints on Etsy? I'll probably have a poll up soon enough, but until then just leave a comment. I don't bite, promise.

No comments: