Status...

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hallmark is Bad Karma that's Fun

So it has been decided: Hallmark is the greatest school for photography, but it brings you terrible karma. For some reason, anyone who comes here, at least the vast majority I've talked to, has found that things in their life suddenly seem to turn upside-down and just plain go wrong. I mean, I've gotten pulled over, got a ticket, gotten very sick, had more car issues than I can shake a stick at, ect... Another classmate might have leukemia, and yet another is getting called into the service.

And yet it is still one of the most enjoyable years of my life. I don't think I'd trade it for anything. I am having a blast here, when I'm not having a bad day, and it's just great.

Today was no exception.

Rich gave us pleasure by speaking about the first time he went to get calves for his studio, and the farmer had his arm in a cow's ass (we think possibly vagina) up to his shoulder and stuff, and then later they were told by a farm hand that those babies would really suck anything you put in front of them. It was hysterical.

Then Dick spoke with us about the funnier things fellow instructors have done. xD Thanks Dick, can't wait to see that at graduation when we can be friends instead of student-teacher.! Haha. He also dropped the f-bomb on accident. WHOO! I love teachers that can do that, because it can lighten the atmosphere.

Of course, I had to pull a funny with him. First you must know that in Rich's class we were informed that bubbles captivate children and can make them smile for portraits because it helps relax them. So when Dick asked how you would relax your adult clients and stuff, yadda yadda I said "Bubbles!" The whole class died laughing and Dick did not get it as well. xD But it was a good moment nonetheless. ^^

Also, I didn't tell you this yesterday, but Jay Maisel had one great quote in regards to being too shy. It was between himself and his father at a gathering:
"F: Why aren't you dancing? You love to dance!
JM: Because they'll all laugh at me.
F: Do they laugh at you?
JM: Yes
F: Fuck 'em. Who cares what they think?"

The only good memory I have from him. Old people are funny.

On the flip side, I like doing window light portraiture. Lemme enlighten you with one of a few good shots. This is the only one I have edited thus far:


NFWL: Hello There Handsome... by *Saknika on deviantART

No comments: