Status...

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Oh How Time Flies!

Holy Smokes!

It's 2008!

:o



Anyways, so it's now 2008, and vacation is over. D: I miss vacation already. June can't get here fast enough. xD I'm so loving Hallmark, but I'm really excited to start a business too! Hehe

So over vacation I got to present to the current photography class at my High School, and it was AWESOME! Seriously, they were a great group of students and very respectful, so I would do it again. I spoke about Hallmark, and my experience there thus far, and they seemed very interested. I also brought in my work from when I was in that class, and stuff I've been doing at Hallmark so that they could see. Of course the highlight was telling them that my little cardboard camera was worth six grand. xD It didn't fool them for long. They all just sort of looked at me like, "You're kidding, right?" And then we laughed and it was all good.

Something must have gone well, because I did get an email from one of them asking for more info. ^^ I am always glad to direct potential photographers to Hallmark. It fills me with warmth to know I might be able to help someone find the same joy I have found by coming to Hallmark. It's just one of those great feelings that you don't want to keep to yourself. So that's wicked cool. Hehe.

Other than that nothing eventful happened except me getting sick at my defensive driving course on Saturday. We had to cram two classes together and out of 58 people, maybe three (including myself) weren't sick. Well, after being in close quarters for six hours with all those sick people, I was sick too. So come midnight on Sunday after a nice little nap (that started at 2pm and was only supposed to go for a little bit. Actually woke for supper at 7 and passed out again... D:) I was freaking out because I needed to get back to Massachusetts. And I really felt craptastic not only because I was sick, but because I was depressed at having to go back. I knew that if I could have just one more day I'd be fine, but I had to get the light kit I'd borrowed in on Monday morning, so there was no arguing. So at 4:30am I started my trek back to Massachusetts. I have really gotta stop doing that... ^^;

Anyways, I turned the light kit in on time, and got back a bunch of assignments. Apparently my aerial shots were too fuzzy to get a really good grade, so they're a B. Blah, lets see him (not naming my grader, that's not right) get up in a plane with no clear idea what to do and a lot of turbulence with really dirty windows and then find out if his shots are crystal clear. :P Oh well, I still passed so whatever. After I got my assignments though, I went home because I felt terrible, needed to unpack and get Mizu (My Beta Fishie) inside, and nurse my fever. It wasn't a bad one because I wasn't burning up, but I was definitely warm so yeah. I slept from 8:30am to 7pm. And then managed to fall back asleep at midnight. So there's no doubt that I was not feeling good. But hey, I don't mind the sleep. xD

But as of yesterday I am back on track with school, and getting stuff done. So that's good. Gonna be back in NY for this weekend though to shoot my photo essay. xD Yeah, totally need to do that, and window light still. Kinda didn't get to them over break. ^^; Didn't get to the environmental either, but I'm doing that tomorrow of a local fireman so that's all good. I also have to finish retouching my character portraits, which look AMAZING. I'd show you who it was, but I have to get the model release first. ;)

So yeah, that's the basic update. Hope everyone had a great time over the holidays, and a wonderful new years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am currently waiting on acceptance to Hallmark and wanted to tell you I have enjoyed reading the view of a current student.