Status...

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Greenfield is a bit too friendly

So I went out today, and I met a new friend off the internet. Her name is Beth*, and she was a lot of fun to be around. We went to a little cafe and had some cinnamon buns and I got a Hot Cocoa as well, and chatted for two hours. TWO WHOLE HOURS! It was so great. ♥

Before we were left alone though, her dad was there. And that was good to see, because it means he cares about her safety. We shook hand and introduced ourselves, chatted for a bit, he got a coffee, and left. I found out later tonight that I made a very good, strong first impression on him from that handshake. Never thought it'd come in handy for anything other than business, but I have always prided myself on it. Glad it was worth the pride. ^^

While we were there this lady was like "You know, you can get a ten dollar card for here if you do two home improvement reviews blah blah blah..." Seriously lady... do we LOOK old enough for that? It was just one of those moments when you went "Wow... desperate much?" But oh well. We were polite about it and then we were on our way.

...TO THE ARCADE! Where we totally hit up the DDR machine with this guy named Pete. He was super nice and a great guy, and he even gave me his phone number so I can call him to model for me in the studio for my portfolio. HELLS YEAH!

Unfortunately, the day just COULDN'T go completely smoothly... oh no...

So we're playing DDR and this black guy with some little white child (maybe 12 years old... maybe) come over. I have no idea what their relationship was, but anyways, so the black kid says the little guy'd like to play with one of us next. I said I'd play with him, since we both were fairly novice at the game and I was at his skill level... maybe a bit more advanced. Yeah, I know, pathetic. >.<

Anywho, so they step back a bit to wait for Beth* and Pete to finish, and I was standing behind the machine watching when the black kid waved me over. I went over, and my inner alarm is going "DON'T GET CLOSE!"

Well, it was right. The first words out of his mouth after he got my name and age, were "So do you have a man?"

I politely told him no, and so he PROPOSITIONS ME FOR SEX! Are you kidding me!? You don't pick girls up in an arcade for one thing, and secondly, do I look like a whore to you!? My goodness...

Anyways, he asked why... and I told him I was a lesbian. Well that was the wrong thing to say because now he's going on about "munching box" and "voyeurism" and all this raunchy stuff. Seriously, I'd like to kick him in his teeth. Especially because I really wanted to say "Hey, my eyes are up here idiot."

But the little kid saved me by piping up: "My aunt's a lesbian too!" Thank god for kids and their innocent way of redirecting conversation.

So I played with the kid, but before that the black kid propositioned me to go out and smoke, and then do weed. What part of "no" did this guy NOT get? Seriously...

But he left and I felt a bit better. After that Beth* and I hit a book shop where I bought two used and good-condition manga for $9.50, which is 50cents CHEAPER than one new manga... ♥

After that she showed me the GLBT Staircase to Heaven... it's amazing. I WILL be going back for photos. ♥♥♥

Sadly we did have to part ways after a bit, and so I walked home and she did the same. But my fun-filled day wasn't over yet...

On my way home some drunk comes up to me and goes "Wanna sit for a shot?" And I was thinking "Oh crap, he wants to have a drink with me!" so I told him "Sorry, I'm underage." Well this got him going! He starts telling me he's not propositioning me for sex, just wants to talk, can't I walk and talk, that we're going the same speed...

So I said yeah, I can walk and talk. He went on about the sex thing again, I told him that I'd have sensed that and kicked him in the balls if I felt I were in danger, and he said that'd leave a black and blue. Then he said he was turning the corner and we had our goodbyes.

Greenfield... is just way too friendly. I think I need to carry a knife or something... o.O

* Name changed on her wishes.

No comments: