Status...

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Screwy Scheduling

So I'm feeling a bit better after yesterday. Totally called in this morning though, because I was sick as a dog last night until the wee hours with my stomach. Emotions can effect me like that, yay IBS [/sarcasm]. :\ So it was like having the flu. And when I finally did get some sleep, it was restless. So I'm still very tired, but I can't just sleep all day so here I am, awake.

One thing that was nice to wake up to was an email from my HS art teacher, Miss. M. She gave me a different view on the failing, and made it out as an opportunity. And as much as I want to see it that way, and sometimes I can, I'm still far too bitter and grouchy for that. I'm going to blame my lack of experience for this one, because I've honestly only been out in the real world for a year at most. I have a lot of learning and growing to do still. But I'm sure there will come a day when I will look back on this and wonder why I didn't just take Miss. M's advice in the first place. Today just isn't that day. Still, it was kind of her to send me the email. :)

Onto the meat and potatoes of this entry though! Hallmark's screwy scheduling! Which is my current hate topic.

During the three days that we are being given time to work on fixing our portfolios in school, are three classes that I wanted to attend. Mind you, all classes are fairly optional, and I would think so especially when people will have a lot of work to do. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I figure. Those who were went to re-review will be working instead of in class, and those who passed go to class. Rather than more all nighters and pissy students... anyways...

So there are three classes. One I wanted to attend I don't mind being there. That'd be David Langley's class on lighting automobiles. I really am curious about this, and I want to attend, but now I don't know if I'll have time.

The two that piss me off for being in there though, are a class on marketing, and a class on advertising yourself. Both are lectures on being successful in those things, and are done by guests. To me, it would make more sense to have them over a couple of days during the review process so that everyone could attend, rather than during the week of re-review when those working might not get a chance. They seem rather important, more so than classes like Photography as a Witness and Interpreting Images. But that's just me.

I'm sure there's some reason behind it all, but I'm just irked. And it means that I'm going to be doing my damnedest to fix all my issues over that weekend so I don't have to miss them. I am SO GLAD that I have Lightroom and Photoshop on my laptop. Because I'm gonna need it.

Oh, and during that week as well, I WILL be shooting uranium glass in the CS. Because it's a personal goal of mine, and I'll be damned if I don't complete it.

I'm gonna go get some juice now, and hope it doesn't bother my stomach. Maybe some toast too. And then pass out again, because I'm still super tired.

No comments: