Status...

Sunday, June 8, 2008

I WANT OUT! D: BAT!

THERE IS A FUCKING BAT IN MY APARTMENT! And the worst part? NO ONE WILL COME TO HELP! *cries*

Seriously, I have no fear of bats... IN THE WILD. But in my apartment? I WANT NO PART OF THAT. D:

So I called 911. This was my conversation...

911: 911, what's your emergency?
Me: There's a bat in my apartment, I need animal control.
911: I'm sorry ma'am, this line is for emergencies only, you'll have to call them yourself.
Me: I don't have a number, could you at least give me that?
911: 772-2779
Me: 7-7-
911: Please hurry up ma'am, this line is for emergencies.

And after repeating it back she hung up on me. HOW AM I NOT AN EMERGENCY!? IS THIS COMMON IN MASSACHUSETTS!?

So I call that number... and I get voice mail. No one is in.

So I'm telling my Mom, and she calls Greenfield Police. Who tell her there's nothing they can do, and directed her to another animal control place...

...Who told my mother to contact someone private, they don't operate that late.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

So upstairs I went to get Celia, who came downstairs with me... and we tried to catch it ourselves. It was hanging on the draperies in the living room, and so we tried to press it against the window into a tupperware container... but that failed. And now it's on the woodwork in my kitchen. We can't get it. And what if it's rabid? Or diseased? I really don't want to be attacked because we were aggressive towards it. I know that bats won't actively attack a human, but self defense is a strange slave driver...

So I'm holed up in my bedroom. I have a door out in here, and a fan, clothes... pretty much the basics. If I want to pee though... I have to go through the kitchen. Hopefully I'll be okay... but that just creeps me out. D:

Seriously though, why won't anyone come out to help me? No one said animals were convenient! Especially wild ones! And how did it get in here? All my windows have screens, and the chimney flute is blocked off, completely. Like... there is no visible way that I can see...

So yeah, I'm holed up in my bedroom with nothing but a sock holding that door shut because it doesn't latch any other way, a bat is making its home in my kitchen, I have to pretty much freak out to try and go to the bathroom, and the heat is deadly. Having the door open helped because the air could flow better... great.

I cannot wait to get the hell out of here. Seriously, the 20th cannot come FAST ENOUGH.

And no, can't call the relator. She can't even replace a bulb in the public hallway, you think she's going to come out to catch a bat? Please. But that's another matter, one Celia and I are taking up with Tammy tomorrow because we both have had a very negative experience with Susan. Not getting into it now.

So if anyone is reading this... HELP. If you can. I've been at this since 10pm... ;_;

No comments: