Status...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hamlet in Hot Pink

Hallmark has been really great so far. I mean, it does get long-winded and dull during some of the lectures, but for the most part I have no complaints at all.

On Friday this guy came in and did a motivational speech via juggling. He was the same guy who played soothing flute music for us on the first day. What a funny character he is. He was going on at one point how guys weren't the best mental-multi-taskers in the world, and that they took things in more slowly and had to deal with one thing at a time; but that the ladies were just the opposite and by now were going "Woha! His balls match his shirt!". It was beautiful. Because they did, and I had noticed. The multi-tasking thing had something to do with visual interpretation. I can't remember. xD

But he did, he gave us a wonderful motivational speech. Seriously, people should just hire him to do this because he is that good at it. He really is. And he's funny too, which makes it even greater. Not some guy who gets up and drones on about how you can do it.

No... instead he brought us Hamlet in Hot Pink! :rofl: Serious though, he did do a juggling act about Hamlet, turned to modern day settings and to show how to work with things, with hot pink balls.

He was great.

Some of his other classic quotes included:

"Our school was so small we had to use the same car for drivers ed and sex ed. Yup, it was a convertible!"
"I realize now I'm dating myself, but hey, I'm single so someone has to."
"It's kind of like the emperor's new clothes, or art funding from the Bush administration."
"Logic makes people think, emotions make people act. Why else would people still root for the Red Sox after so many losses!?"

Then some inspirational ones...
"It's not how smart you are, but how you are smart."
"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor." -Moby Dick

We were also visited by Gary Land, who filled us in about a lot of celebrity gossip and bad habits. Man, the Yankees have a real asshole on their team to start with, and 50 cent hot boxes in a limo. ALL THE TIME. Gary also told us that we only live once, so hop fences and break into old buildings. xD YES! A professional photographer just told us to do this... because he still does it too!!!! xDDD :rofl: He was cool.

George Rosa also informed us of an email he got from Barbara Bordnick... and it's quite the honour to hear what she had to say.

In her email she told Rosa that she felt so renewed after speaking with us and hearing our sincerity and interest in the craft, that she would love to come back for a month or two just to work with us.

...O_O

I so hope she does.

Then over the weekend I went home. Nothing too exciting there, did the Infirmary again at night. Tabby (gf) is leaving next Monday for Virgina, and then the 25th for Alabama. So I'm kind of sad, because I really don't want her to move, but I realize that I have to let her go. It's her wish to live out of New York, and I'm not going to stop her. It wouldn't be fair. And no, she isn't attending college or anything, she just wants out. My Mom says she'll be back though, and I hope that she's right. Because I am going to miss her terribly, and already I'm crying about it. :(

You heard about me getting pulled over in the previous entry... I also got lost in the very beginning because I stayed right when I shouldn't have. Damn NY's brief lack of signs. :P

But Massachusetts is still worse. I've officially decided that they're also MolASSachusetts for two reasons.

The first being that not only do they have really slow speed limits, but most of them drive wicked slow period. Hence the molasses.

The second being that they're effin' jerks and shitty drivers. Seriously, it was POURING out, and I needed to turn left, and had ONCOMING traffic, so I slowed beforehand and stopped, pulled towards the middle so people could get around, and this jackass laid on his horn. Was I supposed to turn into oncoming traffic or something!? I'm not the only student having these issues, either. Massachusetts drivers are very rude. Residents, you should be ashamed of your state. Hence the ASS part in MolASSes. :x

So yeah...

Today was fairly boring. We got our cameras though, so I finally have my baby. :heart: It makes me very happy. Had to leave all my food and shit in the car though because it was pouring so bad outside when I got home though. So if I couldn't carry it in that initial trip, it didn't come in. >.<

Met a boy named Josh today as well, and he is very interested in using me as a model. He says I look very photogenic, and that he really loves the contrast between my eyes and hair. That really makes me happy, because I've always like the same feature about myself. :D He also wants to make me a fairy, and he thought that a lot of people liked to have a similar thought, so it shocked him when I said that they didn't. :XD: But yeah, I'll definitely be modeling for him. He seems like a really nice guy too, which is great.

We also have a Mandatory-Voluntary Contest to enter for Hallmark. Our theme is Childhood Fears. So I've decided to do the fear of coming out/being different. I think that's a big one with children. I know it was a really big one of mine. And I'm meeting a friend of mine who I've only known on the internet for years to have her model for me, since we both live in Massachusetts for college! :dance: Soooo exciting! :D

I will be back in New York this weekend as well though. Mostly to see Tabby, but also because another friend of mine might do his childhood fear of big dogs at one of my friend's house. So that'll be cool.

So yeah, that's pretty much the jist of things. The homesickness is still here, but it's A LOT more manageable than it was to begin with. A LOT. So I'm really happy about that one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah, sure, DON'T mention that I hung out with you over the weekend. Lamer. Ah well, I'll still model for you if need be, either for college or for rent money. xp

Seriously though, sounds like you're having a blast at college. I'm definitely going to visit you at your apartment to pester you. :D

-Brendan