Status...

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Just another day in Hallmarkland...

Well, life has been pretty mundane for once at Hallmark! It's amazing! But we're still doing some really cool stuff, so I'm happy.

David Fraizer is pretty happy, because we've made it to In Design, which is another Adobe program, used to create layouts for things like magazines, and it's also a great vectoring resource. So creating a really awesome logo won't be outside of my reach anymore. <3

Hallmark really isn't just about the photography ya know. xD We have to learn the business end of things too, and part of the business end is creating our own letterhead, stationary, and business card (which I've done thanks to Miss. Mierzwa <3), and just knowing how it all works. So I am going to really enjoy the computer work too. Hehe

The other cool thing though, is that David is as psyched about fractal art as I am. He even asked to see what I had created, and he really liked the stuff. In fact, he and I are working on finding a way to incorporate it into my photography. ^^ That will be pretty sweet. I'll be sure to post his favourite, one of my newest, at the end of this blog post.

In other news, John Nordell made us go on location as if we were photo journalists. We had 70 minutes to go out, get a photo of the theatre and make it look like a small town, come back, make minor colour corrections, crops, ect... without distorting the picture, save it as the proper file, and submit it to him. It was intense, but fun. Still... I don't know that I'll ever end up becoming a photo journalist. xD lol

We were also in the commercial studio, playing with view cameras and 4x5 film. <3 I have to say though... my favourite part was loading the film in this big light-tight boxes. You kind of felt like a robot... but oh well. x3 It was great. I learned that day how to load film, too, because I was absent for that class. lol David Langley is good about that stuff though, and it only took five minutes for him to teach me. But still, most complained like crazy about loading the film. Personally, I am in love with that stuff. Then again, putting the film on the reel in the dark room was an enjoyable activity to me as well. So maybe I'm just really wierd. rofl xD

Today I have a half day, and the afternoon is mine. So I am going to hunt down Michael Zide, and he said that he would review my portfolio thus far. <3 I really love getting feedback on my work, especially constructive criticism so that I can improve. Seriously, when Tony reviewed my work I was in seventh heaven. I could do it all day, I swear. It just makes me really happy. ^^ So I can't wait to see what he says, and then perhaps I'll go find Joan Terry, because she is our visual artist, and she can really help me with composition. Although, according to Nordell, I have a natural eye for it (he reviewed my stuff at my interview), so we shall see. Either way, it'll be good. And in reality, I'm partly doing this so that I can keep my mind of NYC. xD I am soooooo nervous about that. There is still a strong chance I chicken out. ^^; I really do want to go though... so we'll see. *crosses fingers* Here's to luck and hope!!!

Of course though... no entry is complete without a word on SanDiego...

It turns out that he has to be dating his boyfriend for the money, because there is no other really good reason that a 27 year old is dating a 43 year old man. None! Especially coming from California. You can't possibly tell me his options are all that limited because he's gay. No way in hell. I mean... come on. How ridiculous and obvious can you make it? I can't believe that this kid is in it for anything but the money. Money is almost all he talks about, when he's not looking gross with all his facial piercings. Can't wait to see him try and get a job with those. Gross.

Anywho...

That fractal...


The Moon's Universe by *Saknika on deviantART

1 comment:

Unknown said...

San Diego is becoming one of my favorite frequent topics! XD It's hilarious finding more and more out about the loser. I figured he was such when I heard that he *loves* to eat $700 meals which cost at most $15 to make properly. XP

Anyway, about NYC... *grabs you on either shoulder and shakes rapidly* Don't be so nervous!!! You'll be fine, I know you will and you know you will! The important thing is to have fun while doing what you're going down there for.